Skip to content
- Private lessons: $120 per month for four 30 minute lessons. This works out to be 48 lessons per year which provides for 4 weeks of vacation; 2 for winter, 1 for spring and 1 for summer. The fee is $120 whether there are 5 weeks or 4.
- Group lessons: $20 per lesson. These take place when people’s schedules align and are typically 45 minutes long.
- Payment is due at the first lesson of the month. There is a $10 late fee if not received by the 10th of each month.
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher will be made up or, if no suitable make-up time is found, re-credited.
- Your fee secures a lesson time which generally cannot be offered to another. Therefore, a missed lesson is to be paid by the student. However, effort will definitely be made to make up unforeseeable missed lessons. When a conflict is known in advance, it is much easier to re-arrange a lesson day or time.
- Students wishing to discontinue lessons are requested to give one month notice.
- A tardy student has only the time remaining in the lesson period.
- With a beginning student, a parent is expected to attend lessons. Plan to take notes of teaching points, practice tips and assignments to follow at home.
- Siblings are welcome! The parent needs to be responsible for somewhat quiet behavior. There are books and puzzles available. You are welcome to bring coloring books, etc. Children should remain inside the studio as the rest of the house needs to remain the family home.
- Every effort will be made to provide a setting which is free from distraction for your child’s lesson. Please ensure your child has been well-fed and rested and therefore able to give his or her full attention to the lesson.
- The teacher is allowed one sick day per child, per year.